The 2014 National Hot Dog and Sausage Council
Hot Dog Selfie Contest
A photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website.
Get your cameras ready!
The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council (NHDSC) is celebrating National Hot Dog Month by calling on hot dog fans across America to snap a selfie featuring yourself and a delicious hot dog. Get creative! The most inventive, unique, and distinctive selfie will have the chance to win amazing prizes. Submit your selfie by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by posting on our Facebook page or on Instagram using #HotDogMonthSelfie. All selfies must be submitted by noon on July 14, 2014. In your submission email, please provide your name, phone number and address.
ATTENTION DC AREA HOT DOG FANS: The best hot dog featured selfie taken at a Benís Chili Bowl location will win a $30 Benís Chili Bowl gift card. Winners are chosen by NHDSC Facebook fans.
How winners will be selected:
A panel of judges from the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council will review submissions and select finalists. Finalists will be chosen based on personal creativity concerning the hot dog and the people featured in the picture. The finalists will be uploaded to the National Hot Dog Council Facebook fan page at 12pm Eastern Time on July 15, 2014. One grand prize and two runner-up prizes will be awarded. The grand prizes and runner-up prizes will be awarded for the pictures that receive the most votes between 12pm on July 15 and 12pm on July 22, Eastern Time. Winners will be notified by email and will have 30 days from notification to claim their prizes.
The grand prize winner will receive an Airhead Watersports Ride On Toy, a $100 gift card for their favorite hot dogs and an NHDSC t-shirt. First runner-up will receive a $50 gift card for their favorite hot dogs and an NHDSC t-shirt, and second runner-up will receive an NHDSC t-shirt. A national announcement of the winners will be made on National Hot Dog Day July 23, 2014.
The Fine Print:
- Limit three entries per person.
- The contest is open to individuals. Corporate entries are ineligible.
- Entries should be appropriate for all ages. Any pictures deemed vulgar/profane by NHDSC staff will be immediately disqualified, along with any other entries submitted by that individual.
- All pictures submitted as entries in this contest become the property of the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council. Anyone submitting a picture waives all claims to said pictures.
- By submitting your picture via email you acknowledge that the picture you are submitting may be selected for inclusion on the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council Facebook page and in an online compilation of the winners. Media will be alerted through a national press release that will identify the winners. You acknowledge that the picture also will be provided to media who request it for broadcast use. You also acknowledge that the picture becomes the property of the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council for promotional use.
- If you are selected as a winner, you agree that the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council may publicize your name and likeness on its website. Apart from the prizes associated with being selected as a winner, the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council shall not be obligated to compensate you in any way for such publicity.
- Each entrant shall indemnify, defend, and hold the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council harmless from any third party claims arising from or related to the entrantís participation in the contest. In no event shall the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council be liable to an entrant for acts or omissions arising out of or related to the contest or that entrantís participation in the contest. By participating all entrants release the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and all entities associated with the development and execution of this contest from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this contest, acceptance, or use of prizes.
- All taxes, including income taxes, are the sole responsibility of winners. No prize substitution is permitted.
- All federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable.
- The contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
For further information, contact Eric Mittenthal at 202-587-4238 or Tory Landon at 202-587-4201.