New York Giants Hot Dog
1 (3 to 4 ounce)
all-beef hot dog
2 to 3 thin slices onion
1 hot dog bun
Deli-style yellow mustard
- Place hot dog in boiling water. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- In another pan, steam onion slices over simmering water just until tender.
- Wrap hot dog bun in a damp paper towel and microwave for 10 seconds.
- Place cooked hot dog in steamed bun. Top hot dog with mustard. Place steamed onion rings atop dogs.
New England Patriots Hot Dogs
2 strips bacon,
chopped into 1/2-inch dice
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 to 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons honey mustard
1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (15-ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
6 (2-ounce) all-beef hot dogs
6 hot dog buns, lightly grilled
- Over medium heat, cook bacon and onions until bacon is done and onions are soft. Stir in syrup, mustard, cayenne and beans.
- Transfer beans to an oven-safe dish and place in a preheated 325 degree F oven. Bake beans, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes.
- About 12 minutes before serving, grill hot dogs over indirect heat until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
Place cooked hot dogs in grilled buns.
Top hot dogs with warm baked