AMI Announces Agenda for the Meat and Poultry Research ConferenceFriday, October 26, 2012
(American Meat Institute)
As part of the 2013 International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE) education schedule, the Meat and Poultry Research Conference will be held on Thursday January 31, 2013 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
Co-sponsored by the American Meat Institute, U.S. Poultry & Egg Association, the American Meat Science Association, and the Poultry Science Association, the Meat and Poultry Research Conference serves as the leading forum for presenting the latest meat production research and its direct application to the industry. For those involved in meat and poultry production, processing and research, this conference serves as the best source of applied scientific data.
This year’s conference focuses on the challenges presented by natural and organic products, covering topics from regulatory and animal management issues to processing and ingredients challenges. The conference will open with sessions addressing the role of the consumer, government regulations and the economy on the food industry and will conclude with a session on natural and organic products from the retailer perspective.
Other topics covered include food safety and clean label ingredients, marketing organic products, and the food quality and nutrition challenges of natural and organic products.
Sessions will be taught by industry experts and academics including:
- Jim Bacus, Technical Ingredient Solutions, LLC
- Thomas Elam, Ph.D., FarmEcon, LLC; Miles McEvoy, USDA
- Kathy Glass, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin
- Margaret Hardin, IEH Laboratories
- Jayson Lusk, Ph.D., Oklahoma State University
- Charlie Moore, Prairie Grove Farms
- Kevin Myers, Ph.D., Hormel Foods Corporation
- Jeff Sindelar, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin
- Dave Wicker, Fieldale Farms Corporation
- Susan Zaripheh, Hillshire Brands
The registration fee for the program is $150 for all Expo attendees.
To view the complete conference agenda or to register, please visit www.ime13.org.share on facebook share on twitter